Travelling to Russia: Entry information
Items to be declared upon entry into the Russian Federation and exit from the Russian Federation:
- Cash in excess of USD 10,000
- Medicines containing superpotent, narcotic, and/or psychotropic substances. In addition, you will need to present a prescription for such drugs, a doctor's certificate, or an extract from your medical history.
- Weapons, essential parts thereof and ammunition. In addition, you will need to present a permit to store, carry, and import/export weapons issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
- Cultural valuables. In addition, you will need to present a permit to export cultural valuables issued by the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation.
- Animals and plants under threat of becoming extinct, as well as their parts or products made from them. In addition, you will need to present a permit issued by the Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resource Usage.
- Alcoholic beverages (more than 3 liters)
- Tobacco products (more than 200 cigarettes, 50 cigars, or 250 grams of tobacco)
- Items worth more than EUR 10,000 and/or weighing more than 50 kg
Prohibited items for export from the Russian Federation:
- Precious gems and metals with a total value of more than USD 25,000
- More than 5 kg of fish and/or seafood
- More than 250 g of sturgeon caviar
- More than 10 liters of fuel in a separate container
- Rare animals
- Special high precision electronic equipment etc
- Toxic and explosive materials
- More than 5 liters of alcohol